“Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.”

"Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.”


~Kahlil Gibran on love

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

10 Letters from Gerry to Holly

Warning: Please prepare a box of tissue before you continue!





My darling Holly,
I don’t know where you are or when exactly you are reading this. I just hope that my letter has found you safe and healthy. You whispered to me not long ago that you couldn’t go on alone. You can, Holly.
You are strong and brave and you can get through this. We shared some beautiful times together and you made my life… you made my life. I have no regrets.
But I’m just a chapter in your life- there will be many more. Remember our wonderful memories, but please don’t be afraid to make some more.
Thank you for doing me the honour of being my wife. For everything, I am eternally grateful.
Whenever you need me, know that I am with you.
Love for ever♥,
Your husband and best friend,
Gerry.
PS. I promised a list, so here it is. The following envelopes must be opened exactly when labeled and must be obeyed. And remember, I’m looking out for you, so I will know…

March (1st letter)
Save yourself the bruises and buy a bedside lamp!
PS. I love you…
~Oh...so sweet of Gerry

April (2nd letter)
A disco diva must always look her best. Go shopping for an outfit as you’ll need it for next month!
PS. I love you…

May (3rd letter)
Go on, disco diva! Face your fear of karaoke at Club Diva this month, and you never know, you might be rewarded…
PS. I love you…
~Haha...Holly has stage fear

June (4th letter)
PS. I love you, Holly, and I know you love me. You don’t need my belongings to remember me by, you don’t need to keep them as proof that I existed or still exist in your mind. You don’t need to wear my sweater to feel me around you; I’m already here…always wrapping my arms around you.
~In this letter Gerry asks Holly to throw away his belongings..sad *sobs...

July (5th letter)
Have a good holly day!
PS. I love you…
~
That's it?

August (6th letter)
Hi Holly,
I hope you’re having a wonderful holiday. You’re looking beautiful in that bikini, by the way! I hope I picked the right place for you. It’s where you and I almost went for our honeymoon, remember? Well, I’m glad you got to see it in the end…
Apparently if you stand at the very end of the beach near the rocks across from your apartment, and look round the corner to the left, you’ll see a lighthouse. I’m told that’s where the dolphins gather… not many people know that. I know you love dolphins… tell them I said hi…
PS. I love you…
~My tears drop when I read this notes. So touching!

September (7th letter)
Shoot for the moon and if you miss you’ll still be among the stars. Promise me you will find a job you love this time!
PS. I love you…

October (8th letter)
A sunflower for my sunflower, to brighten the dark October days you hate most. Plant some more, safe in the knowledge that a warm and bright summer awaits.
PS. I love you…
~Gerry always knows what Holly wants.

November (9th letter)
Cinderella must go to the ball this month. And she will look glamorous and beautiful and have the time of her life just like always… But no white dresses this year…
PS. I love you…

December (the last letter)
Don’t be afraid to fall in love again. Open your heart and follow where it leads you… and remember, shoot for the moon…
PS. I will always love you…♥♥♥
~I have fall in love to this man deeply...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg i love jerry i just saw the movie can't stop crying!

Unknown said...

I just finished reading the book and this lines just refreshed my memory. Thanks for this post.:)

Anuradha Sivaraman said...

I just need to thank you from the bottom of my heart-- because "You're a life saver". The list of letters that you gave us would be extremely helpful to me as I've an exam based on it. Thanks a lot!!

Unknown said...

We got awesome letters from Jerry.. And we thank him from bottom of my heart!!!

reynita said...

hello, excuse do you know where I could find the book and download. plz

Post a Comment